Atomik Research were commissioned by Europcar to conduct PR research aimed at explore Brits’ travelling habits. The research looked specifically at people’s home comforts and how they ensure these are present on their holiday. To find out Atomik Research surveyed 2,005 UK adults who have been on holiday in the UK.
Key findings from the PR research include:
- 51% of UK adults give the ease of travel as their reason for choosing to stay in the UK for a holiday rather than travel abroad
- Brits don’t feel like they are on a proper holiday until they have travelled 119 miles from their front door
- 47% of Brits admitted to arguing on holiday
- On average the argument occurs after 68 miles
- Arguments tend to occur around 67 minutes into a journey
- Four out of five people take food and drink with them
- 55% of people take their tea bags
- One third (32%) pack biscuits
- 29% of people pack crisps
- 34% of people cite their smartphone as the number one item they couldn’t travel without
- Over one in five (22%) also wouldn’t travel without their credit card
The research was part of a wider campaign created in conjunction with our parent company, 4media group, which consisted of research and broadcast elements. The broadcast day was fronted by renowned comedian and broadcaster Shappi Khorsandi.
The coverage for the campaign included 18 broadcast interviews, including 9 BBC Radio interviews, such as BBC Scotland, BBC Wales, BBC Manchester, and BBC Devon, as well as interviews with BFBS Radio UK, Swansea Sound and more.