Atomik Research were commissioned to conduct PR research by villa holiday tour operator, James Villas, to look at look at the excuses Brits make to celebrate, with a focus on celebrations abroad. Specifically, the research focused on the recent trend for hen and stag dos abroad and what it is that we want from them. To find out Atomik Research surveyed 2,000 UK adults.
Key findings from the PR Research included:
- 37% say they plan to have their husband or wife to be at the pre-wedding bash, known as a ‘sten’ do
- Two-thirds of adults say they would prefer a quiet classy break abroad with friends instead of a drink-fuelled stay in a budget hotel
- half of those aged between 18 and 24 say they don’t want a stag or hen do at all
- 21% wish they had had a calmer celebration on their hen/stag
- 43% would re-do their hen or stag if they could
- 24% said they have celebrated a birthday abroad
- 30% of 25-44 year-olds have celebrated a birthday out of the country
- 17% have marked a wedding anniversary by going overseas
- 26% of millennials have gone abroad to celebrate their hen or stag do
The PR survey was part of an integrated PR campaign created in conjunction with our parent company, 4media group, which consisted of research, broadcast PR and news generation elements.
The campaign secured extensive media coverage across print, online and broadcast platforms. Highlights include The Sun online, The Scottish Sun online, The Irish Sun online, The Sun on Sunday, BBC Radio West Midlands, BBC Solent, BBC Leicester, BBC Devon, BBC Shropshire, BBC Hereford and Worcester, BBC Suffolk, BBC Guernsey, TalkRadio and more!