Restaurant chain, Chili’s, commissioned PR research with Atomik Research looking at parties. Specifically the research looked a what makes a good party and how margaritas are included in the celebrations.
To find out Atomik Research polled 2,000 people over the age of 21 in the United States.
The key findings of the PR research included:
- 62% of Americans think birthdays are one of the days best celebrated by a drink, followed by the Fourth of July (49%) and Saint Patrick’s Day (45%)
- Three in four Americans think the most important factor in hosting a stellar party is the people attending. Great food and a fun atmosphere follow closely, with 71% of people considering those factors the building blocks of a great party
- 69% of survey respondents are either very or somewhat likely to plan a night out based around the specials available at the restaurants and bars they enjoy
- The margarita (45%) would be the most missed drink among Americans were it to disappear from menus and bars, followed by the Long Island Iced Tea (34%) and the Martini (17%)
- 42% of those surveyed said they would be most likely to celebrate their birthday with a margarita, compared to only 17% of people who would celebrate a major holidays
- 40% of people prefer having a margarita by their side while lounging at the beach or pool, while 20% of respondents said any activity at all is enhanced by a margarita
- Mexican food was overwhelmingly believed to be best paired with margaritas, as 62% of respondents said chips and salsa were the ideal pairing, whereas 52% rated fajitas their favorite and 50% said chips and queso